Store Locator:   All Locations

How do you get your monitor screen back to full size?


I was brushing something off my keyboard while the computer was on and must have hit some key combination that narrowed my screen size (vertical looks unchanged). I seem to remember a keyboard tip that would do this (or something like it) several months ago.

How can I undo what ever it was that I did?




This question was answered on December 10, 2005. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

I,m not sure of any key combination, but I do know a couple of things yu can try. Go to your display settings by right clicking on your desk top and selecting properties. On my home computer with XP when I go to display settings and then select advanced it brings me to my video adapter controls and from here I can change the horizontal, vertical, etc. settings for my computer. This would be the first place I would start. You should be able to cnange the size and save it. You may also want to try and change your desktop scheme to a new one and this may also change the settings.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Kevin of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on December 10, 2005

Enter your zip code


Sign up for our monthly newsletter and get free tips and tricks to keep your computer running well.

Start by Entering

Listen to Tech Tips

Join us on a radio station near you. Tech Tips for Non-Tech People!

In the Press