How do I install my Lexmark printer without a disk?
How can I install my printer without a disk?
This question was answered on May 8, 2007. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.
In order to install your Lexmark printer without an installation disk, follow the steps listed below (note substitute the website of the manufacturer of your printer if not a Lexmark - the same basic steps apply):
1. Go to www.Lexmark.com
2. Go to Drivers and Downloads
3. Go to Driver Finder
4. Enter in your Driver model or choose from the pick list.
5. Download the driver specified for your version of Windows and save it to a common folder.
6. Once the driver has completed downloading, go to the common folder you saved it in.
7. Double Click on the specific driver .exe and follow the step by step procedures for installation.
Once the installation is completed you may be prompted to restart you computer. If so, restart your computer.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Ryan of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on May 8, 2007