What is MSHTML .dill file?
1) I keep getting errors i.e "Iexplore caused error in MSHTML.DLL and will close" or "Iexplore caused error in SHLWAPI.DLL and will close".
2) I try to do thorough scan disk and it freezes after about 10 minutes and I have to reboot my computer.
3)I try to reinstall my ME program, and it stops after 58% saying there is an error on the hard drive and it won't reinstall.
4)I go to updates from Microvision for the ME program and I get the first error (MSHTML.DLL) mentioned in 1 above and it closes Explorer so I can't proceed.
I have a Pentium II 400mhz machine and am hoping to find a way to correct this problem without reformatting my hard drive or worse.
Hope you have some ideas. Thanks - Mel
This question was answered on November 19, 2003. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.The error message is generally associated with using High Color (16-bit) or True Color (24-bit) color settings This happends because you are using an older third-party video adapter driver, so i suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your video adapter and ask if they can give you a driver update that works.
If your not able to do the above try this:
Reduce the Color Palette setting in Display properties to 256 Color by using the following steps:
1) Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2) Double-click Display.
3) Click the Settings tab.
4) In the Color Palette box, click 256 Color.
5) Click OK.
6) Restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.
Katharine Gibbs School
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on November 19, 2003