What is a damaged components?


I am in a dilemma...I have a problem with the signal cable of my monitor.One of the pins are broken and they appear to be slightly bend.Therefore sometimes I cant get the signal and have to try to fix it properly to my Cpu and restarting a number of times before getting the signal.

2 to 3 months ago water spilled onto my keyboard...I have taken out all the keys and tried to dry them by wiping with a dry cloth and turning my keyboard around overnight.After doing this ,I tried to type using Powerpoint but the words would not come out at first but they eventually becomes okay after a few days except for the number nine key until now.

After these incidents,Windows usually stops responding during start-up or when i am doing something on the computer and I have to restart......ARE THESE CAUSED BY MY SIGNAL CABLE OR MAYBE WATER GETTING INTO MY SYSTEM???

Another thing is that when I tried to start outlook express,it says mismn is not responding therefore i cant check my emails....or it opens very.....slowly.

I would greatly appreciate your help.Thank You.

My system is Pentium 4,128 RAM,Windows Milennium,1.5 Gigahertz


This question was answered on December 1, 2003. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

It seems that the water spill and the broken pin has damaged your computer so what you need to do is replace the hardware components that has been damaged

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on December 1, 2003