I have been hijacked
My homepage keeps getting hijacked! I went to your help page and installed Startpage Guard, but it happened again! The address bar reads "res://mshp.dll/index.html#10213." So I searched for mshp.dll and deleted that file but it happened again! Please help me oh guru's of the Geeks.
This question was answered on March 20, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.You have to install a program that detect those program used to spy your computer, those program are named Spyware Hunter, Ad-ware, etc You can choose to buy or download from the internet If you want to download from the internet here is an address where you could find one for free The address is www.lavasoftusa.com, and the software name is AD-Ware 6.0, so download it, install it, and run it and you will see how efficient is.
And other thing, as you said that you had been hijacked, try enabling your internet connection firewall, to do this follow the next steps:
1. In the Start Menu click Control Panel
2. In Control Panel Windows click Network and Internet Connections
3. In Network and Internet Connections Click Network Connections
4. In Net work Connection right-click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, click property.
5. In the windows property of your internet connection click on the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select the following:
o To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box
6. Then click OK to save the changes.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on March 20, 2004