Outlook does not let you receive message
Outlook won't let us receive mail as of the 2nd of January. Mail delivery error, and says password rejected. I keyed in password given me by person who used to do this job and it won't take it. How can I bypass this password and get us up and running again.?
This question was answered on March 20, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Outlook does not let you receive message
This issue may occur if you have not configured Outlook to send your MSN user name and password to log on to your MSN e-mail server.
To resolve this you could do this:
1. Start Outlook, and then click Accounts on the Tools menu
2. On the Mail tab, click your MSN e-mail account, and then click Properties
3. Click the Servers tab, and then click to select the My server requires authentication check box
4. Click Settings
5. Under Logon Information, click Log on using
6. In the Account name box, type your MSN member ID (everything before the "at sign" (@) of your MSN e-mail address)
7. In the Password box, type your MSN account password
8. Click to select the Log on using Secure Password Authentication check box
9. Click OK, and then click OK
10. Click Close.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on March 20, 2004