Can I fix bad clusters on my HD?


I have been trying to convert one of my partitions to FAT32, but get a message saying the converter cannot convert a drive wtht a bad cluster mark. Are bad cluster marks repairable and, if so, how?


This question was answered on February 3, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

It depends, if it is a file systems issue then a simple re-formatting will do If that dosen't work that means that there are portions of your Hard disk the are physically damaged and that can not be repaired (usually the OS works around it).

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on February 3, 2004