COVID-19 UPDATE: How Data Doctors is preparing & responding. Learn more >

How to view mix files?


I have pictures I transfered from my old computer in which I was using a scanner with the Paperport software. The file extensions are MIX. I can not get any other program I have to open these files. I downloaded the free viewer from Paper Port but it also does not work. Can you tell me how to view my MIX files.

thank You


This question was answered on March 3, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

You should try renaming the files to .jpg on your old pc before transfering them IF that doesn't work then you can try these steps on your new pc:

1 Have the said .mix file saved on your computer somewhere "My Documents" is easy enough since it'll only be temporary.

2 Open up Microsoft Word and click on the "Insert" menu.

3 Click on "Picture" and then "From File..."

4 Find the .mix file that you have saved on your computer and insert it into the document Now you should be able to view the image as a part of your Word document.

5 Now, in order to save it as a jpeg, just go to the "File" menu and click on "Save As."

6 Save the document as a "Web Page" (again, let's say in "My Documents")

7 You won't notice anything different, but then go to where you saved the web page document (in this case, your "My Documents" folder) and you'll see that there's the web page file along with a folder titled "filename_files." Open this folder and inside you'll find the .mix image saved as a jpeg Then feel free to rename the image and place it wherever you'd like.

Hope this helps.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on March 3, 2004