Problem with Mfc42.dll File
I am getting an error message on starting up my computer,you might be able to help me,PLEASE! I have just installed the software for a new Creative PC-CAM880 but cannot connect the hardware.This error message reads "The CAMTRAY.EXE file is linked to missing report MFC42.DLL:6883"
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mossie
This question was answered on March 8, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.This behavior can occur if either the Mfc42.dll file is damaged, missing, or an incorrect version
Rename and then Reinstall the Mfc42.dll File
To rename and then reinstall the Mfc42.dll file:
1. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders
2. In the Named box, type mfc42.dll
3. In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Find Now
4. In the list of found files, right-click the Mfc42.dll file, and then click Rename
5. Type mfc42.old, and then press ENTER.
If more than one copy of the Mfc42.dll file is in the list of found files, repeat steps four and five for each copy of the file
6. Insert the Creative PC-CAM880 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive When you insert the CD-ROM, press and hold down the SHIFT key to prevent the program from starting automatically
7. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders
8. In the Named box, type mfc42.dll
9. In the Look in box, click the CD-ROM drive, and then click Find Now
10. In the list of found files, right-click the Mfc42.dll file, and then click Copy
11. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer
12. In the left pane, double-click the folder in which Microsoft Windows is installed
13. In the right pane, double-click the System folder
14. On the Edit menu, click Paste
15. Quit Windows Explorer, and then restart the computer.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on March 8, 2004