What is open My computer?


I reformated my hard drive and now its J instead of C. How can I change it back to C?


This question was answered on May 22, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

Each of your hard drives can have what is called a volume label, which specifies the name of the drive This may have been set by the manufacturer when you bought your computer, but you can modify the setting if you want To do so, open up My Computer by double-clicking on it, then right-click the hard drive icon for the drive whose name you want to modify Choose the Properties item from the context menu On the General tab click on the Label field there you can change the name of your drive by clicking on it and typing what ever name you want.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by michael of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on May 22, 2004