How to change the drive letter in my hard drive?


How can I make my New 120Gb my "C" drive and my old C drive my E drive?


This question was answered on August 26, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

Hi, You have to log on as adminstrator if necessary, then click start, control panel and then performance and maintenance Then click adminstrative tools and then double click computer management, then disk management, right click the drive you want to change, then click drive letter and paths, then click change and click assign the following the drive letter and click ok and do the same for the other drive.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Djime of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on August 26, 2004