Did you install a new hard drive?

Question

I recently installed a new hardrive 160 gb and upgraded to windows xp. Things were going good at first but then on restart i noticed sometimes windows wouldn't start until a few tries when the date was reset. The first night when i put my computer into standyby, i noticed a burning smell so i shut down. The next morning i tried to restart my computer and got nothing,,, no fans, lights, nothing. I though it was maybe the power supply so i put in a new one. still nothing. any suggestions?

Answer

This question was answered on March 16, 2005. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

I think that the problem is that your mother board got burned, or maybe your cpu have been damage with a voltage surge Try to open your computer's case and check all you components, your RAM, cards, cpu, etc.

That burning smell should be caused by high voltage into your system, or maybe by an overheat of your cpu.

Please contact the computer technician near you.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!

Author

Posted by Eramilde of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on March 16, 2005