How do you remove Incredimail?
I am trying to get rid of Incredimail and it keeps returning. I go to add an remove and try to remove it, but it appears gone until I have to restart my machine and then it is back.
This question was answered on April 15, 2005. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.TO REMOVE Incredimail
* First boot into SAFE mode When you restart your PC and press F8 a couple of times just after the memory test at boot up
* A Windows Start Up menu appears Select SAFE MODE then press OK
* Next it is a good idea, but not mandatory, to turn off your anti-virus program off BEFORE installing/uninstalling a program
* Go to Start, All Programs, IncrediMail and select Uninstall
* Go to Start, Run, and type regedit Search for every reference to Incredimail in the Registry and remove them This will include “registry folders” as well as separate entries
* Use Windows Explorer to go to: C:\Program Files and delete the "IncrediMail" folder and sub folders.
* Reboot your PC.
If you are having problems deleting the folder you will have to do the following:
* Make a DOS floppy boot disk (this can be done by add/remove programs and Windows Startup disk in Windows XP use the format floppy, make DOS boot disk command) In both cases you will need to delete the autoexec.bat and config.sys files from this floppy using Windows Explorer
* Insert it in the floppy drive and reboot This should boot you to the A:\ prompt
* Type CD C:\Program Files and press enter You should now be at C:\program files:
* Type RMDIR /S INCREDIMAIL, this should remove the folder Incredimail and all sub folders.
* Reboot your PC.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Kisha of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on April 15, 2005