Create Your Own Keyboard Shortcuts
Learn a cool Windows feature that lets you fabricate your own keyboard shortcuts to... whatever you want.
This question was answered on September 22, 2005. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Dont be enslaved by the limitations of your current selection of keyboard shortcuts, make your own! No longer will you be confined to the stringent boundaries of generic shortcuts! I will smash your shackles with my glorious hammer of digital knowledge!
Ok, Im done with my rant Heres how to do it:
1. A crucial first step is to determine what program or file you want to make a keyboard shortcut to For this exercise well use the Windows Calculator This is a handy little application that I find myself using often for crunching numbers.
2. Go to the Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > right-click on Calculator and choose Properties
3. Go to the Shortcut tab and left-click inside the Shortcut key box.
4. Now comes the fun part: Just type the key combination you want to associate with the Calculator, such as Ctrl Alt C.
5. Click OK to save the settings.
Keep in mind that some key combinations may not be available because theyre already assigned to other tasks, but Im sure youll find something sufficient Cheers!
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Chad of Data Doctors on September 22, 2005