COVID-19 UPDATE: How Data Doctors is preparing & responding. Learn more >

How can I replace the plastic covering on the hinge of my laptop?


The plastice covering the hinge on this laptop has away and when opened and closed it gets worse. Is this fixable? Everything else works fine. Is a new case possible? Thanks for any input !


This question was answered on October 24, 2005. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

You may want to first check with the place where you purchased your laptop from and see if it is still under warranty If it is not, your profiles shows that you have a laptop manufactured by Acer You can check for your model laptop on their URL at: to see if they carry any parts for your laptop If all else fails, you can also bring in your laptop to Data Doctor location to see if they can repair or order the parts needed.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Kathy of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on October 24, 2005