Keep MS Office Up-To-Date
Just like Windows, Office needs to be updated occasionally.
This question was answered on October 28, 2005. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.No matter how many locks you use on your front door, a determined thief will test all entrances to your house Don’t let your Office products be an open window to your files and privacy Keep Microsoft Office updated with the latest security patches like so:
1. Start by opening Internet Explorer and type the following into the address bar: http://office.microsoft.com
2. Click the Check for Updates link near the top right-hand corner.
3. You’ll be taken to another page where you need to click Check for Updates again; this time near the top, center of the screen.
4. At this point you may have to click the top of the window and Install ActiveX Plugin Otherwise, you’ll see it scanning your computer to see which updates you need.
5. You’ll end up at a screen that outlines which updates need to be installed Some updates need to be installed before others; it should have already selected the updates you need to install first Click the Agree and Install button to begin downloading and installing the updates.
Many of the patches will require files off of your original Office installation disk, so make sure it’s nearby or just keep it in your CD-ROM drive so the program can access it when it needs to You may need to return to the Office Update site a few times to get all of the updates and don’t forget to check back often for new updates Cheers!
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Chad of Data Doctors on October 28, 2005