Recycle your Computers & Technology with us.

Using jump drive to transfer files.

Posted By : kara of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on February 6, 2006

Follow us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Follow us on LinkedIn

Let Data Doctors be your personal IT department today

I couldn't find a "category" for this question is...I need to "separate" or reinstall or copy "my stuff" from my present computer onto a new computer that I intend to son and I have "shared" this computer and have our own log in's, etc and now he is moving and wants to have his own hardware, etc and his "stuff" from this there an easy (!!!!) procedure for copying all of one's files and deleting them from one computer and then re-installing them into a new one ???? Problem: the CD-ROM compartment on the tower has been "kicked" (not by me) inadvertently and no longer slides in nor out so I would have to use a floppy disc if there is such a way to separate our info/files....any help is the way, could just the CD_ROM section on the tower be replaced or not ??? Thank you, Carol W.

This question was answered on February 6, 2006. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

If you have a usb connection, you can purchase a mini harddrive, a jump drive of 256 megs That should hold most of your information Just plug the jump drive into the usb port, then go to my comptuer and select that drive and drag the files or copy the folders from the hard drive over to the jump drive You can purchase the mini hard drive for 39 dollors at office max.

About the author

Posted by kara of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on February 6, 2006

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Contact or Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!