Standardize folder settings
How can I view all folders in the same way?
This question was answered on March 23, 2006. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Ok, so you want all your folders to display files as thumbnails, icons or my personal favorite, details However you want to view your files, what most of us don’t want is for every folder to display them differently Here’s how to remedy this:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer
2. Go to the View menu and experiment with viewing your folders as thumbnails, tiles, icons, list, and details
3. When you’ve found the one that works for you the best, go to the Tools menu and click Folder Options…
4. When the gray dialog box appears, go to the View tab and click the Apply to All Folders button
5. Click OK to save the new settings
Now all of your folders will display files in exactly the same fashion Now, there may be certain instances where you want a folder to display files differently For instance, I use the ‘details’ view for all my folders except for ‘My Pictures’ folder, where I use the ‘thumbnails’ view After you set all folders to your new viewing standard, it’s simply a matter of going into the My Pictures folder and manually changing the viewing preference to thumbnails instead of details Cheers!
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Chad of Data Doctors on March 23, 2006