Auto reply in Outlook Express
How do I configure an auto reply message in Outlook Express?
This question was answered on March 30, 2006. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Here’s how to setup an auto reply in Outlook Express:
1. First click Create Mail as if you were writing a new e-mail.
2. In the body of the e-mail, type the message you’d like to auto reply with and when finished, go to the File menu and click Save As
3. Give your auto reply a file name and make sure you note where it’s being saved; you’re My Documents folder might not be a bad place Click Save and close the window.
4. Now you need to create a rule that tells Outlook Express how and when to use your auto reply message Go to the Tools menu, Message Rules, and click Mail Click the New button.
5. In the first box, choose the last option that says For all messages In the second box choose Reply with message In the third box, click on the link that says Message.
6. A new menu will appear where you can browse for the auto reply file you just created Find your file ( I called mine <i>autoreply.txt</i> for e.g.), select it and click Open
7. In the fourth box, you’ll want to name your rule <i>Auto Reply</i> and then click OK Another box will popup confirming the creation of your new rule; click Apply Now to confirm.
8. The next screen will deal with where you want to place your new rule Make sure the Inbox is selected and then click Apply Now, and then Close Finally click OK to close the window.
Don't forget to disable your new rule when you don't need it Cheers!
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Chad of Data Doctors on March 30, 2006