I canot access Internet Options in IE because there is a "Supervisor Password" that I cannot remember. I have tried using the password hint but no luck. Is there a way to reset or access this password?
This question was answered on May 8, 2007. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.
The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state
1) Click on Start and choose Run.
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.
6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key Click on it and press Delete.
7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x) For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.
About the author
Posted by Ryan of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on May 8, 2007