COVID-19 UPDATE: How Data Doctors is preparing & responding. Learn more >

How do I change my video resolution?


I think my son did something to change the size of the windows (and icons) (to make them smaller). Everything still works the same, but many of the windows, especially in AOL, where there is no little square, cannot be maximized. That little square in the upper right hand corner is always highlighted. Is there a default command to bring everything back to a normal size? Thank you very much.


This question was answered on July 27, 1999. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

It sounds as though your son changed the resolution settings for your video display The higher the resolution the smaller the icons and everything else will appear

Try resetting them by going to the Start button and choosing Settings and then Control Panel In Control Panel double click the Display icon and select the Settings tab There is a slider bar in the Desktop Area box, with your mouse drag it to the left one setting Select Apply and then OK After the new settings have taken effect(sometimes you need to restart the computer first) the sizes of everything should be larger.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Ken of Data Doctors on July 27, 1999