Dont play with your Registry!
I have receiced this information telling me to check to see if I have a worm that will slowly eat my files. Is this something I should do??
1) click start
2) type in REGEDIT than Ok
3) click on (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)
4) click on Software (remember to click the little box with the + in it)
5) click on Classes
6) click on exefile
7) click on shell
8) click on open
9) click on word command
10) if you have the files 32.vxd or "%1"%*to"%1"%* YOU NEED TO RIGHT CLICK YOUR MOUSE BUTTON. SELECT DELETE THAN LEFT CLICK.
11) restart your comp in ms/dos
12) next to c:\windows>type CD SYSTEM then press enter
12) next to c:\windowns\system> type in DEL FILES32.VXD then press enter
14) retart your computer and check to make sure you got rid of the virus. Follow steps 1 thru 9 it should read something like ab default than values not set. If this comes up after you press command then the virus is gone.
This question was answered on April 11, 2000. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Editing your registry is very dangerous; it can cause a problem that could take out your whole system What I recommend doing is finding a good virus detection software package You can find more information at the sites below and order software from them too.
Symantec anti virus research http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Mark of University of Advancing Computer Technology on April 11, 2000