COVID-19 UPDATE: How Data Doctors is preparing & responding. Learn more >

Upper case and lower case



I read somewhere that when you are typeing in word you can change from lower case to upper case by hiting a key (and not by going to format, change to lower or upper case etc.

thank you

sam spatafora


This question was answered on November 13, 2001. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

Thanks for your question Sam On the left side of your keyboard next to the letter A is a key "Caps Lock" Press this and you can type in all upper case letters Press it again and your typing in lower case letters only Now if you want to capitalize the first letter of a word to start a sentence press the "shift key" Hold this key down and press the key to the word at the same time

Good luck Sam

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Jeffrey of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on November 13, 2001