COVID-19 UPDATE: How Data Doctors is preparing & responding. Learn more >

What kind of adapter do I need for my monitor?



I bought a new Sun 21-inch monitor to replace my old Compaq 15 inch monitor. The problem is that the cable of the Sun does not fit into my Compaq 2620 computer. Is there an adaptor for this? What would I call it?



This question was answered on May 4, 2002. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

If you still have the literature that came with your monitor, there should be a website you can go to, or a support number to call Either of these sources should be able to provide you with the information you need.

Another option you have, is to go to a computer supply store and give them the model of your computer and monitor They can tell you if there is an adapter for this monitor to work with your computer, or if you will need a different video card installed on your computer.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Debbi of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on May 4, 2002