What can I do if my computer won't boot up?
Why my PC does not boot? The screen is completely blank when I switch on the power.
This question was answered on May 4, 2002. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.You didn't supply much information about your problem It would be much easier to diagnose your problem if you would supply more details.
* Have you made any recent changes to your system?
* Have you moved your computer recently?
* How was it shut down last?
* Has it ever been used? Is it a brand new PC that you have never used before?
* Is there power to the monitor and the CPU (tower)? Are both turned on? Both devices should have a light indicating they are 'on'.
* Can you hear the hard drive working when you power up the CPU?
From some of these questions you may be able to do some troubleshooting on your own If you still can't get your computer to boot, please provide more information by answering the listed questions If you are able to provide even more information, that would be even better.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Debbi of Chandler-Gilbert Community College on May 4, 2002