SFC.EXE How to extract file


when I ran sfc (system file checker)I got message saying a file named user.exec may be corrupted and to replace,how do I do that ?


This question was answered on October 5, 2002. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

Use the original Windows 98 CD or Installation disks

When given options to SCAN FOR ALTERED FILES or EXTRACT ONE FILE FROM INSTALLATION DISK you can select the second option to specify which file you want to extract The process will then extract the original file and re-write the corrupt or missing file to your hard drive

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!


Posted by Michelle of Mesa Community College on October 5, 2002