Can I prevent this?

Question

When in my office and I go to use my laptop I constantly get a shock.

1. Can I prevent this?

2. Can this do damage to my computer?

Answer

This question was answered on February 13, 2003. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.

Yes that shock can damage your computer that sounds weird to me but heres a few ways

that should prevent it

try to touch a metal object before touching your computer that should release that energy

that it your finger tips and you have to touch a metal object that is grounded in order to discharge the shock.

Need Help with this Issue?

We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!

Author

Posted by Jermaine of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on February 13, 2003