How do you clear the MSN history memory?
I normally use "Google" to do any internet search. Recently I happened to look at the MSM Search block and noted it was loaded with addresses I used on "Google". I have no problem erasing the addresses on "Google"; however, I cannot erase any of the addresses in the MSM address search block. It is currently loaded with a bunch of old information I want to delete; but I can't seem to find the right kind of button actions to permanently delete the addresses. Any suggestions for a novice? George
This question was answered on September 4, 2003. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.To clear your History in MSN Explorer:
1 Click "Start", point to "Settings", and then click "Control Panel"
2 Double-click the "Internet Options" icon, and then do one of the following:
- To delete files from pages you've visited, click the General tab, and then click "Clear History"
- To view files saved on your computer from Web pages you've visited, click the General tab, click the "Settings" button, and then click the "View Files" button
However, you may also try the following and see if it helps:
Open your Internet Explorer (The blue "e") on desktop.
1) On the Internet Browser click on Tools
2) Select Internet Options
3) Click Clear History
4) When finished, select the Content tab
5) In the personal info area, click Auto Complete
6) Click both Clear Forms and Clear Passwords
Also please remove the check mark next to 'Form' 'Web Address' User ID and Password' under "Auto Complete" button.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on September 4, 2003