Problem with the file vsdata95.vxd
on startup i get a screer saying that a file is missing vsdata95.vxd and all my driver cds i have reinstalled except the driver for the net card cant find the driver disc but iwindows had one that worked but anyway but that thing on startup every time i reboot it just anoying please help me!!!!!!
This question was answered on March 9, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Problem with the file vsdata95.vxd
First you must extract that file from the windows installation cd.
To extract files in Windows 98 or Windows 98 Second Edition, use the System File Checker tool To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run
2. Type sfc, and then press ENTER
3. Click Extract one file from installation disk
4. In the Specify the system file you would like to restore box, type drive:\windows\path\file (where drive is the drive where the Windows folder is installed, generally drive C, path is the destination of the file that you are extracting, and file is the file that you want to extract)
5. Click Start, click Browse next to the Restore from box, and then locate the Windows installation files By default, in the OEM version of Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition the installation files are on the hard disk in the C:\Cabs folder With a retail full version or upgrade version, you can also insert the Windows installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then locate the Windows installation files The folder is named "Win9x" For example, if your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive is D:, the folder is named "D:\Win9x" For Windows 98, the folder is named D:\Win98
6. Click OK, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on March 9, 2004