Downloaded Microsoft Updates
I recently downloaded a raft of Microsoft updates - "critical" and otherwise.
After installing them, my PC would not shut down on its own. When I finally got it off, I could not get past the Windows Me page in rebooting. I finally had to reboot it using an emergency CD, provided my the manufacturer of my PC.
The installation dialogue told me that applications would be unchanged. However I now cannot integrate my Norton Antivirus, and the following programmes do not work - Outlook Express , Frontpage, Windows Media player, and some "board games" I loaded from a proprietary disc. Word is working OK.
The M icrosoft programmes are from Works Suite 2001. I am etting a message that they are not properly installed.
1) Should I uninstall them and reinstall them? (Microsoft and Norton)?
2) If I remove and reinstall Norton A.V., will I have to update the virus definitions again?
2) Will removing and reinstalling th Worksute programmes mean that I will lose the files created by these programmes?
3) Is there anything else I should or should not do?
I would value your comments as I have found your regularr e-mail newsletter such a help.
This question was answered on February 29, 2004. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Downloaded Microsoft Updates
1) First, you have to uninstall Norton, and in the moment of installing it again, the wizard installer will scan your hard disk first looking if there is any virus, and then Norton will be installed.
2) If you remove and reinstall Norton A.V., you will have to update the virus definition again.
3) If you remove and reinstall Work Suite programs you do not will lose the files created by these programs.
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on February 29, 2004