What is windows update.
I had the blaster worm and the spybot worm on my computer. The worms were successfully removed, but the machine was performing terribly. We deleted the partition, created a new partition and reloaded Windows XP. The machine is running great and we were able to access the internet a few times. Then we would successfully connect to an internet site, but when choosing a different site, the machine would reboot. Now the machine reboots as soon as we open internet explorer. What is causing this problem?
This question was answered on September 2, 2003. Much of the information contained herein may have changed since posting.Hello.
Seems like you have a little bit of a problem there
Here are a few things you should definately check first.
- Make sure you have all your windows updates.
- Make sure you have the Windows XP Service packs. they help fix all the little bugs that have came after the OS was released.
- Make sure you scan your computer again for the worms that have been effecting the computers Get a Anti Virus software to be sure.
- Make sure your virus scanner is up to date.
- Get the windows patch for the blaster worm vunerability
Thats about it That should fix your problem
I hope this information has helped you
Need Help with this Issue?
We help people with technology! It's what we do.
Schedule an Appointment with a location for help!
Posted by Student of Katharine Gibbs School - New York on September 2, 2003